This website is not optimised to run on your browser. For the best experience please consider upgrading.
What do I need to have ready on the day of sale?
On the day your van is due to be collected, you’ll need to have the following items to hand:
If you’re the registered keeper:
- V5C vehicle registration document (the logbook)
- MOT certificate
- All the spare keys for the van
- Photo ID
- Proof of address (either a utility bill, bank statement, or council tax statement – this needs to match the address on the V5C document)
- Authority from your finance company, including a letter from the company confirming the final settlement figure if there’s finance outstanding
- Service record book, handbook, locking wheel nuts, radio and key codes if you have them
- Your UK bank details
- Fuel – it doesn’t need to be a full tank, but please make sure that the fuel light isn’t on
If you’re not the registered keeper of the vehicle:
- The bank details and photo ID of the registered keeper plus:
- All the above items
- Written authorisation from the registered keeper that you’re able to sell the car
Was this article helpful?